...Spain is the perfect base for the international businessman....
Located in Southern Europe, Spain is an internationally sought-after travel destination offering residents a superb lifestyle. Rich in culture and history, Spain is a country where you can find something for everyone- pristine beaches, mountains and landscapes, world-famous cuisine, countless diverse cities to explore- not to mention fantastic museums and striking architecture.
After the economic crisis, Spain has improved its legislation related to foreign investments and provided more incentives for the private sector, which raised foreign investors’ confidence and transformed Spain into the second largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and the third largest investor in the European Union.
Spain is one of the most competitive countries in the EU, with more than 46 million inhabitants. Currently Spain enjoys a growing economy and foreign investors can benefit from full access to the larger European consumer market. Investors can also access various aid programs applicable in the EU and benefit from the strategic geographical position of the country. The Spanish residency programme has proved extremely popular and is now widely considered to be one of the best Golden Visa destinations in the EU.
generally expect a Mediterranean climate, characterized by hot,
dry summers and mild, rainy winters.
In addition to the lifestyle perks, obtaining Spanish residency through investment has many strategic benefits
- The Spain Golden Visa Program is a true gateway to Europe, expanding your visa-free travel mobility within the Schengen Zone.
- Spain’s established tourism sector is a big draw for investors looking for residency in Europe.
- One of the most popular programs in Europe, year after year investors continue to flock to Spain’s real estate market.
- Adaptability and flexibility are Spain’s strongest points when it comes to welcoming foreign investors.
- There are no restrictions applied to foreign citizens coming to set up businesses in Spain.
- Foreign investors benefit from the same conditions for opening a company in Spain as any other local enterprise.
- Besides the EU market, the geographical position of the country and historical ties opens the possibility of connecting with other important regions, such as North Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.
- Spain also stands out as an excellent market when referring to its infrastructure.
- The Spanish Government supports investors by providing them with several incentives in various industries.
- Fantastic cuisine, enviable quality of life and excellent connections to the rest of Europe make Spain a perfect choice when it comes to investing in a Golden Visa.
Golden visa programme for residency/ Golden Residence Permit Programme
Spain’s Golden Visa has all the benefits that come with residence in the EU, allowing you to travel freely across the Schengen Area, as well as giving permit holders access to world-class healthcare and education. A high standard of living and stability is also a draw for investors looking to relocate.
You can obtain residence permits for your family on a single investment. Anyone from outside the EU can apply for a Golden Visa in Spain, provided they have a clean criminal record, as is always the case with any of our programs.
Below details the process for the real estate investment option
- Investors and their families are eligible to obtain temporary residency in a matter of months through minimum property investments of €500,000.
- The Spanish investor visa can be renewed every two years.
- After five years it is possible to gain permanent residency and after ten years citizenship.
- It is not necessary to live in Spain to retain and renew the residency visa permit.
- It is possible to apply for permanent residency in Spain after living in the country for five years.
- Citizenship can be applied for after living full time in the country for ten years.
- Although the temporary residency permit (the golden visa) can be easily renewed without living in the country, the route to both permanent residency and citizenship requires the investor and their family to reside in Spain.
- For this reason, the Spanish Golden Visa programme is popular with those applicants who either wish to reside full time in Spain or simply maintain a second residency in Europe but without a path to citizenship.
- Other investment options are also available including business, government bonds or bank deposits. Again, these are options and opportunities we will discuss with you during our fist no-cost, no-obligation conversation.